fix2U Five Year Parts & Labour Guarantee
fix2U stands by the quality of its repair service and repair parts. All fix2U customers enjoy a five (5) year guarantee that covers the parts and labour used to repair your device. Please note that certain exclusions apply to the guarantee.
The following items are specifically excluded from the fix2U Five Year Guarantee
- Any subsequent accidental damage to the device after we have completed your repair
- Operational or mechanical failure of the device (or part thereof) caused by an unexpected or unintentional external event (e.g. dropping the device or placing undue pressure and/or force on the device as a result from mishandling)
- Water/liquid damaged phones
- Any software related issues
- Faults not relating to the original repair done (e.g. if we replace the charging port the guarantee would not cover a faulty power button)
- Loss of data (always ensure you backup your device before getting your device repaired)
- Subsequent repair or inspection by a third party
- Any pre-existing issues that were evident prior to the original repair
- Any issues or problems relating to phone features and functions that we were not able to verify as being fully operational prior to our repair (for example, because the device was not charged, or the passcode to the device was not provided)
- Jailbroken devices
- Any repairs that are not booked via our booking form at www.fix2u.com
- A non-working, damaged or severed home button/bio-metric/touchID scanner (for more information, see our Booking Terms & Conditions)
- Batteries are classified as a consumable item and are not covered under the five year guarantee. fix2U will however provide a three month warranty on battery replacements.
- Screen protectors are classified as a consumable item and may get damaged or chipped in daily use, and are not covered under the five year guarantee.
How To Make A Claim
Please complete this short form to lodge your guarantee claim and we will reply to you within one business day. We may, at our discretion, require your device to be sent to our service centre for inspection prior to the guarantee claim being approved. Any subsequent accidental damage that occurs to the phone following receipt of the guarantee claim will not be the responsibility of fix2U.
fix2U operates an online platform allowing Customers to connect through the fix2U Platform with fix2U “Repair Heroes” who provide Repair Services. fix2U provides the fix2U Platform only, enabling customers to make repair bookings which are sent to local fix2U Repair Heroes, who operate as independent contractors. fix2U accepts no liability for any aspect of the Customer and Repair Hero interaction, including but not limited to the description, performance or delivery of Repair Services. fix2U has no obligation to any Customer to assist or involve itself in any dispute between Customers and Repair Heroes, although may do so to improve Customer experience. In the event you have a dispute regarding your repair that lies outside of the standard guarantee repair process, fix2U will assist you by providing you with the full contact details of the fix2U Repair Hero so that you may resolve your issue directly with the Repair Hero.
If a customer device is irreparably damaged as a direct result of a repair attempted by a fix2U Repair Hero and payment has been rendered, the customer is entitled to a fully functional refurbished device of equal or greater value of the damaged device based on its model and condition as received and with the original repair issue resolved, or the monetary equivalent of fair market value of the device in that condition as determined by fix2U. If payment was not rendered for service, the repair quote shall be deducted from the value, or a refurbished device of the same damaged condition as received shall be offered. In order to receive a replacement device, the customer’s damaged device must be rendered to the fix2U Repair Hero who completed the repair. In all cases, the fix2U Repair Hero is responsible for the replacement and should be contacted directly to arrange replacement. fix2U Customers are also welcome to contact fix2U directly to notify us of irreparable damage issues, however, liability shall rest with the fix2U Repair Hero who performed the service.